Saturday, November 26, 2005

Not another one!


Another project in the works Posted by Picasa

Thats what my mom said when I told her about this motorcycle. Its a 1200 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale. With all the bells and whistles. Intercom system,adjustable on the fly air suspention,back rest, highway pegs,detachable hard saddle bags,and a trailer. This thing came off the line a month after I was born.I bought it from my boss last weekend for $500.00.In the condition it will be in when I'm done I think I can get $3,500. So yeah, its an investment. It doesn't look like much in the picture its just that I have it pretty well torn down.I had to separate the frame to get the gas tank out.It was sitting in his barn for a couple years and just wanted it out.All it needs is a good cleaning,the normal maintainance,2 mirrors, a rear tire, fuel filter,battery,and a fuel pet cock.So I'll put a couple hundred more into it and she'll be ready for next summer.I'll get a nice pic up when its all ready.
I went on a ride today in the slush.I would much rather spend 3 hrs skiing through the snow filled woods on the weekend instead of dealing with traffic on slippery,wet,and salty streets.It will be here soon enough though.The gym has been going good. Not many people there yet.After new years it will be a zoo.I might drop in on some revving classes this winter.We know both instructors pretty well,and the classes are growing.Other than that work is the same, and the new deadline is December 15th which everyone is saying we'll never make.Well, my aunt just brought some pie over,I have to do a taste test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home