Sunday, November 06, 2005

I'm guna get dat terdy point buck


our neighbor got one of the big ones Posted by Picasa
I'm back from the deer slaughter this weekend.I went up friday and got my last ride of the year in on the green machine.I rode the last section of trail to my cousins that I couldn't do last weekend.The trails were sweet as allways and pretty damp.I got some helmet cam footage that I'll post latter.

Sat. morning the blaze orange stormed the forest. About 5 trucks 2 campers and 10 4wheelers went down the road friday night and sat morning. Our neighbors headed for there stands at 5:15am. I left right when the sky started to get light.I don't know about going to the stand in the dark because I always jump them out of the area.It happened again this year.At 7:00 it sounded like a war zone out there.Guns going off everywhere and a dude hoot'n and hauler'n after he got one.I was hoping for something to be chased by me but no luck.My dad however shot one at about 7:10 and after cleaning it he went back in his stand to cool off when yet another one comes by,and he tags that one.Man, every year he gets a deer in that stand and its always right away in the morning.
Like the pic shows,our neighbor got one of the biggins in the area.Fully dressed it weighed in at 212lbs and 8 points.People still say there is another, maybe bigger buck still out there.Those big bucks are smart and thats why they're still alive.We got our meat and thats the main objective,a trophy buck would be icing on the cake.
This week I start my weightlifting routine and go into a more planned out week of workouts instead of if I feel like it or not.Work will finally slow down in the next couple weeks and that will take some pressure off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home