Saturday, November 19, 2005

Work,work,work

This week the weather was down right crap. Work is still at a moderately high pace because there is still some things that need to get done before the ground freezes.Monday I worked 11 hrs pouring post columns for the 2 decks at the church.Tuesday me and a coworker spent the entire day organizing and cleaning the entire outside before the snow and deep freeze came.We worked in the dreary rain and drizzle all day,but was highlighted by going mudding with the bobcat,and driving that around all day.Then there was wednesday and the bottom fell out with strong winds.I could feel that January bite to the air you know. Me and the boss were working on mounting decorative stone above what the brickies layed to give it a pillar effect.It turned out pretty good after all the troubles we had with fastening the mounting brackets.Thats what I like about carpentry, at the end of the day or job you can look at what you've accomplished and be proud of it.
As for training I've been riding the bike about 3 times a week or so and lifting weights 3 days.Today I did a 3 hr ride out to Marine on the St Croix.Man is that hard when your body isn't used to it.In the summer it would be cake,but I was feeling the bonk at the end,and my legs were rubber. This week will be a short one with Thanksgiving and all.I hope we get friday off too but I haven't heard for certain.I talked to the boss of the bosses yesterday and he said we're busier than we've ever been.I'm betting I'll be working for most of the winter if not all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home