Thursday, November 24, 2005

Meals and wheels

Me and Sam started out the day getting up at 5:30 and heading down for the Turkey Ride on the river bottoms.It was friggin cold starting out.It was 10 degrees with 30 mph winds.Doug,Dan,Kylander-Johnsons,Mean Dawg,Sickblog,Dan Cleary,Eric Guse,and 2 other guys made the bunch.We hammered some spots but kept a good pace most the way.We only made it to the ferry crossing and had to turn around do to a lack of a ferry.On the way back we added a little section of single track up to Indian Mounds and back.At about the 3 hr mark I hit the bonk HARD.My legs had nothing left and I could barely turn the cranks.I was left to fend for myself up and over the mendota bridge which was uphill and into the wind.That really sucked! On the other end Mean Dawg and Dano were waiting and encouraged me back.We were out for a little over 3:30 hrs. That was one of the worst bonks I've had.But you know what, afterward the thanksgiving spread never tasted so good, and I ate guilt free baby! I've never worked that hard for a meal in my life. Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and ate alot,now I have to get ready for work tomarrow... gal-darn it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home